Saturday, January 26, 2008

Unexpected Beginnings

Well, I thought that by now I would be relaxing in the Hotel Etape in Paris. I think one of the last things I thought I'd be doing this Saturday morning was hanging out with Staci and Seth at Ikea in Northern Virginia. Funny how things work out sometimes.

As luck would have it, the only two storms in all of the Continental United States were in Mississippi and right over Chicago. Accordingly, of all the hundreds of flights going through snowwy Chicago, they canceled three to places like Lancing and Des Moines, and the trip to Paris. I found this out as my flight landed in Chicago, and I got a voicemail from United telling me that my flight was canceled, but that they had already re-booked me on a flight to DC the next day (today) where I would catch another flight to Paris.

Well, I figured that as long as I was going to DC, I might as well go a day early and see the fam, so here I am! My second attempt to make it to Paris starts at 5:10pm this afternoon... So, better luck this time. At least I had somewhere fun I could go. While in Chicago, I did get to play cards with some of the other students from the study abroad. Good times in the Chicago Airport...

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

good luck getting to paris jeff!