Thursday, December 31, 2009

Outrageous!

Blurg! I just paid my law school application fees; at~$80 a pop, plus a $12 LSAC fee, we're talking about $90 per school to apply. I've known people who apply to 15 schools... thats $1,350, not even counting the $300 for taking the LSAT and signing up for the LSDAS service (why do they charge me on both ends, by the way?). Adding to that the fact that I would like to do a JD / MBA, and we're talking triple that (MBA applications are $250 each--which is interesting, because law school grads have higher average starting salaries than do business schools). So we might be talking $4,500 or more for the gamut of applications. Then, looking at your average private law school tuition / fees for a year, and we're talking another $68,000 or so on top of that. (I suppose at that point, the application fees are just a drop in the bucket). $68,000 by three years tops $200,000. For that much, you could buy a house! Granted, you'd be stuck in Salt Lake if you did... but there are worse things... I think...

1 comment:

Ashley said...

law school huh?! we need more updates!