Friday, July 23, 2010

As long as you're turning 25 and you're still single...

Happy Birthday Jeff!

Quote of the day: "As long as you're turning 25 and you're still
single, you might as well spend it with three beautiful women in
India." I couldn't have said it better myself.

So, I'm in India with Caroline Welty, Amber Jenson and Natalie
Bruford. This morning we drove to Thekkady and rode elephants. It was
awesome. We rode them around in a circle, after they munched on some
bamboo leaves. There were some good photo ops, and it was cool to be
up that high. You could feel their muscles rippling under the pads we
were sitting on.

After that, they took them over to a pit and Liney and I got to wash
them. They furnished us with tough brushes for us to splash water on
their sides and rub them down. I think Liney was a bit disturbed when
she (our elephant) took a leak in the pool we were standing in. Well,
follow that up with sitting on its back getting a shower from its
trunk, and it makes for quite the day.

But that's not all.

We went to a tiger reserve park and took a boat ride (sadly there has
been one tiger sighting in the past 20 years), then went to a
traditional martial arts performance followed by a traditional dance
with some killer makeup. I'll post pictures when I can.

Then we did dinner downstairs at the Orchid Restaurant, a nice Indian
place where we took out all the stops and dropped $12, about four
times our normal meal tab. It involved ice cream, a birthday cake and
me giving cake to everyone in the restaurant. It was a lot of fun.

As you can imagine, following the snotty elephant adventure, we took
showers tonight. As always, the shower is just a faucet in the corner
of the room, which is fine, but it turns out the hot water is out so I
had to wash off in the corner in the cold... Yes! I love it!

No comments: