Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Do you understand the words that are coming out of my mouth?

Man, don't nobody understand the words coming out of your mouth!

Name that movie...?

So, it actually reminds me of the first time I went to London, when I
was 14. I went to a Pret a Manger (think Au Bon Pain) and got a
sandwich, and the gentleman helping me ring up my order asked me
something that was completely incomprehensible. I asked him to repeat
himself, but despite saying it 4 or 5 times, I was still clueless.
Finally my dear mother leaned over and said "He's saying 'For here or
take away'--do you want it to go?" and it all clicked. Well, I've had
a few instances here where people have been trying to help me, but I
can't understand what they're saying... I guess it'll be good practice
for me. Too bad mom's not here to help me understand them :-/

1 comment: