Sunday, August 1, 2010

Garlic Naan?

That's right, that's all garlic. I've never seen so much garlic
outside of a grocery store, but that all found its way into my small
piece of naan. Insane!

So the food is actually really good (I sound a bit surprised since I
wasn't sure how I would cope with it before I got here). Curry at
breakfast is a bit heavy to start out the day, so we usually eat corn
flakes and porridge in the morning, then curry for two meals.

Turns out that curry twice a day is still quite a bit. We eat paneer
(a cottage cheese), and chicken tikka masala a lot, and today we had
dum aloo, a potato in curry, which was great. That being said, I'm
kinda excited to get on to Malaysia and Thailand for some new foods.

Liney has me eating with my hands now. You take the rice and roll it
into balls with the curry, then eat straight from the plate (though
you only use your right hands, since the left hand is considered
unclean--and often is). It's been a fun adjustment.

No comments: